Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Nature Trays

Hi everyone!
It’s been wild here! I feel like I haven’t really had a chance to check in and let you know what I’ve been up to! Last week our kinders went on an outdoor field trip to explore MN nature and learn about trees. We had the best guides – the teachers basically sat back and made sure all the kids made it back on the bus! ;)

I wanted to share one of the great ideas I learned from the trip:




These are “Nature Trays” – the students each got an egg carton to walk around and collect smooth, fuzzy, soft, etc. items found on a prairie! What a great way to explore nature. I ran into a mom at target and she said her daughter came straight home and started taking all the eggs out and setting them on the counter one by one. She ended up hard-boiling a few so her daughter could explore the back yard! Sweet little kinders!
J



Happy fall to everyone!


xoxokindergarten

No comments:

Post a Comment